Apple Loft Cottage is a delightful converted stone barn sleeping two. Furnished with flair, the cottage offers quality accommodation for those looking to explore Dartmoor National Park and the South Hams area of Devon. It is set in four acres of grounds with the River Dart and South Devon Railway running behind the property.
The cottage is located to the south of Dartmoor just one mile from the centre of the historic woollen town of Buckfastleigh with its quaint high street of shops, pubs and eateries. Buckfast Abbey, the South Devon Railway and Otter Sanctuary are all close by.
Whilst set in a quiet rural position the cottage is just minutes from the A38 which provides easy access to Dartmoor and the South Hams area of Devon. The picturesque town of Ashburton is only three miles away and the historic town of Totnes with its’ eclectic range of shops and eating places, just five. The coastal towns of Dartmouth and Salcombe are an easy 40 minute drive away and the nearest beach is only 25 minutes away by car. The cathedral cities of Exeter and Plymouth are 22 miles away.
Whilst the cottage is attached to the owners AA “4Star Gold” rated Bed and Breakfast establishment, it is still very separate from the main house and the owners are very conscious of guests’ privacy.
The cottage consists of:
- GROUND FLOOR: Sitting/dining room with beamed vaulted ceiling, oak floor, sofa, pine table and chairs and antique captains chair. TV/DVD player and wood-burner effect electric stove. The room has three windows overlooking the patio and main gardens towards the pond and orchard beyond. The kitchen is cream shaker style, fully equipped with electric cooker and hob, fridge/freezer, microwave oven and dishwasher. The shower room is fully tiles with contemporary corner shower unit, wash bowl on shaker style cabinet, WC.
- FIRST FLOOR: Bedroom, with vaulted ceiling, king size bed, two bed side cabinets, antique chest of drawers and pine armoire.
- OUTSIDE: Parking for one car, private courtyard with patio. Use of main gardens and grounds.
- LINEN: Bedding, towels and bathrobes provided.
- WiFI: Provided.
- HEATING: Full gas central heating
Weekly rates 2019
7 Jan - 22 Mar £385
23 Mar - 24 May £445
25 May - 12 Jul £495
13 Jul - 6 Sep £545
7 Sep - 18 Oct £495
19 Oct - 13 Dec £425
14 Dec - 3 Jan £595
Prices are inclusive of electricity and heating.
Rates for short breaks on request.
Change over day is Saturday for weekly stays.
Short breaks available between October and March but may be available at short at other times.
Please contact us for more information and availability.
Map Ref SX 748 656. Regret no children under 8. Regret no smoking. Pets strictly by prior agreement.